About Banbury Hockey Club
Banbury Hockey Club, founded in 1946, has its home ground and club house at the North Oxfordshire Academy and this has been its home for the last ten years.
The club has five Men’s and four Ladies teams as well as very successful Mixed, Vets and Summer League teams. Over recent times the success of the club has been down to the thriving junior section that has over 200 children training and playing for Banbury Hockey Club.
The Men’s 1st team play their hockey in the South Premier Division. In recent times they have won the England Hockey Men’s Trophy three times, having reached the final on six occasions since 2004. They have had two of their juniors represent England and Wales U18 as well as attracting players from New Zealand and Australia.
The Ladies 1st team play in the South Premier 2 Division and are reaping the benefits of a young side after their promotion last season. In 2006 they won the England Hockey Ladies Vase and have seen a number of their juniors move straight from Banbury into the National League.
If you have played hockey in the past or would like to try out a new sport, please get in touch or read more about membership at Banbury Hockey Club.
How to find us
Banbury Hockey Club
North Oxfordshire Academy
View a map here
- After existing at Junction 11, M40, follow the signs for Wroxton.
- Go straight over 5 roundabouts and turn right at the 6th.
- Follow the road over a mini-roundabout and up the hill to the traffic lights.
- Turn left at the lights and then turn right through the school gate
- The Astro is on the right hand side and the Clubhouse is behind to the left.
Dewey Sports Centre
View a map here
- Take the A361 from Banbury to Bloxham.
- Follow road into the village of Bloxham and turn left into Strawberry Terrance (just before Bloxham School)
- Follow the road around to the right and take the 2nd left (Barley Close) and follow road to the top.
- Parking available by both pitches.